Below is a list of the persistent cookies that novascotialife.com uses, what information they hold, and their purpose. For general information on what cookies are, and how to control them on your computer, see the Cookies Information page.
- If a visitor has a member login for this site, this cookie records whether or not they are logged in.
- piwik_visitor1, piwik_visitor2
- Cookies set by stats software on gov.ns.ca for statistical reporting. Data is only used in aggregate.
- __utma, __utmb, __utmz (Google Analytics):
- unique identifiers given to each computer to allow traffic analysis to determine the number of unique visitors to various parts of this site. Data is only used in aggregate.
- google.com PREF, google.com NID (Google Maps)
- unique identifiers given to each computer to allow traffic analysis to Google Maps. Data is only used in aggregate.